Friday, March 13, 2009

Danger on the Airplane

I had not slept in over a day and I had been running hard for some time now. I was tired and I had a 6 hour flight ahead of me followed by 10 hours of work as soon as I got off the plane. This was my time to sleep. I put my bags above me, and made myself comfortable with my shades and a pillow. I was asleep within seconds.

I woke to a women poking my shoulder yelling in near hysterics “sir sir, is this your bag SIR!” It was and I told her so as I took my bag from her. Then I looked around and noticed the only people left in a 10 foot radius were my elf and the stewardess. After asking a few people I got the full story. My bag needed to be moved to under the seat instead of in the overhead compartment. When she took it out she asked if it belonged to anyone. When there was no response she began to become more insistent. As other passengers stated to notice her reaction hey all began to move away from the lady and the bag.

It was not until everyone had moved and people were climbing over seats that she noticed the one man sitting there quietly with his sunglasses on in the middle of the chaos. It occurred to her that I may be sleeping. Much to her relief I was sleeping and it was my bag.
She seemed very happy to not be holding a bomb in her hand. I really did not care. I just wanted to get back to sleep. I did stay awake long enough to get the story for all of you.

No comments: