Thursday, July 24, 2008

Taking Brussels by the B@!!$






I had a much better day today. I got a full 6 hours of sleep and went for a walkabout. I think I walked about 10 miles today. I walked for a full 5 hours at an average pace. I really had no idea what the city had to offer so I took a look at my guide book and hit the main things to see. I found out something interesting about myself. I like gothic architecture. Hmmmm who knew?

I did not meet any new people but I did find a grocery store to buy some stores for my trips ahead. I took a lot of video so I think I will go ahead and edit that together so you can take the tour with me. I will toss a few pictures up here to whet your appetite until I get the video posted. I do have some video from England all edited and posted now. I still have not done the one where we went climbing all day. There is just so much footage to muddle through I am putting it off. I may not do that one until I get to the cruise.

Not sure if I mentioned this but yester day I tried to add one more night to my hostel stay here. They were full and told me to check in this morning to see if they had a cancelation. I was stressing a bit about that as well. Luckily they did have an opening here for me so that was a relief. Also the Hostel here closes from 10 am to 2 pm. I like being forced to take a tour otherwise I may have just sat on the internet all day. I ended up getting up early and getting out of here at 9 am. Good on me!!

As for now I have toured, eaten, rested, and now I am just killing time until the bars open tonight. For my next city I am going to Luxemburg. I looked at the rail guide book for locations directly from here to another city. Luxemburg popped up. I remember a learn French CD program I went through years ago. The phrase that sticks in my head for some reason is “I want the bus to Luxemburg”. I just remember that being so difficult for me to say. So I guess I will get to see the city now that inspired those crazy learn French CDs I used.

Actually I wish I had paid more attention to those CDs. Most of the people here speak French. I would really be able to listen in on a lot of conversations if I knew that language.

Later guys



These are two taxi cabs. The are both MERCEDES!! that is too awesome.

This is the Centra Place. Funny story from the guide book said it was one of the only buildings not hit when the French bommed them. Ironic since this was the main target.

No comments: