Saturday, July 19, 2008

Walking tour of Gawthorpe Ossett


I made it. Matt and his dad met me at the airport. All is well. I am working on getting my laptop online here. The first night Matt and I stayed up until 4 am here talking. He drank while I struggled with the internet. In the end I used his computer and was able to make a video phone call home. That was awesome. Finally I was satisfied (or maybe just too exhausted to continue) so I went to sleep.
Turns out sleep deprivation and a lack of sustenance really works as a great sleep aid. I slept until 2 pm and now I am up and ready to go. At the moment we are walking out the door to see what there is to see in Gawthorpe Ossett. Will keep you informed.

I have some pictures but really not a lot happened today or tonight. I think that may have been due to the fact that I slept until 2 pm. Felt great though to get plenty of sleep. We did head out to a local pub and downed a few pints with Matt’s mate Steve. On the way back it “pissed” (rained) on us a bit. We stopped to aid a motorcyclist whose chain came off. After getting him back on the road, we made it back to Matt’s place. Been here all night taking turns on the internet. All in all, a pretty chill day. Saturday (that’s today now) it is Matt’s birthday. We have some climbing planned and some drinking as well. I posted some more Pictures in facebook. Feel free to take a look.


No comments: