Thursday, August 14, 2008

Want to see some Italian Sign Language

Here I am meeting some new friends they are signing in Italian Sign Langauge but my intro is in ASL



Transcript (by Heather):
Dana: Hello, I'm here tonight with friends of Carlo's. We are at Lele (boy) and Ethel's (girl) house, they are dating. Anyway, all night--other people too, Chris, Charlo, etc, many people here. They will introduce themselves, but they won't use ASL, they will use Italian Sign Language. Anyway, we all sat at the table and ate focaccia, and a round thing, not quite pizza, but pizzita?, it's a small square thing with toppings, it was delicious. We also had beer and chatted. We also had, not ice cream, but gelato. We'll have everyone introduce themselves, but the names will be in Italian Sign Language, so you'll have to figure it out for yourselves. The fingerspelling is similar to ASL, you will be able to recognize some letters.
Guy in red shirt: (Italian Sign Language)
Girl in red and white striped shirt: (Italian Sign Language)
Girl in black shirt: (Italian Sign Language)
Girl in pink shirt: (Italian Sign Language)
Guy in white shirt: (Italian Sign Language)
Dana: Ok, you finally met them all, and it's back to ASL again. Anyway, I'm finished videotaping, and I'm going back to partying, chatting, and having fun. See you later.
Oops, I forgot one person, the cameraman, Carlo. Stupid me, ready to say hello to Carlo?
Carlo: You don't have to videotape me! Hello, my name is Carlo, nice to meet you. I hope to meet you soon. Come on over to Italy and have fun here!
Dana: Now we're finished, bye.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I am very intersting to see Italian deaf people with Italian Sign Language instead of oralists, because of Milan Conference 1880. They said that they didin't allow the sign language. LOL Now they ignore Milan Conference of 1880. SMILE!

Christopher said...

WOW! What a very intersting for me to learn about an Italian Sign Language. Some of them somewhat had some ASL. It wuld be nice if you (a guy who explained at the beign in the videotape) or Dana can go to other countries such as Germany, the Netherlands, France, Spain, Portugal, Switzerland (maybe have the German Sign Language?), Denmark, Sweden, and others. I met some deaf people from other countries a few years ago and they signed in ASL. Anyway, it would be cool for me to learn their native sign languages.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Neatly! Learn Italian Sign Language are very interesting!

I have some experience last 2002, we went Frankfurt Germany learn how to sign language.. Its fun to learn!

Why not I visit over there sound fun to get social and to get know you all.

Cobra

Dana said...

My goal is to do stuff like this all over Europe to meet local pople and learn some of their sign Langauge. I hope to come back and do more. Glad you liked it.

There will be another video in ILS soon if i can get it uploaded.

Deb from Illinois said...

wow, that's so COOL! I would love to learn how to use italian sign language. You all are so lucky!!

Anonymous said...

that was tougher than i expected to understand. i understood some of the signs that were similar but some were way over my head.