Thursday, August 21, 2008

In reply to the mean person who left a comment

The following post in reply to the offensive person who left a comment on my blog.
Their comment is included at the end of the blog for you to read as well.

To anonymous I am going to assume you are from Germany because my last post was agreeably offensive to some Germans. I would like to begin with the accusation of cowardice. According to the Random House Dictionary a coward is:”a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.” To accuse an entire nation of cowardice is a little narrow minded. Considering the accomplishments some people in the country have made. I would like to narrow down your accusation to a specific accusation of cowardice on my part.

In this Blog I do not write what is terrible interesting or make up the things that have happened to me. Instead I reveal the world as I see events transpire in front of me. Not only to do I recount the events but I take the time to explore my own feelings and emotions with each encounter. I then take this information, and bear my soul to the internet community. My name is on the blog and so is my face. I explain my perspective and my motivations behind them. That does not to me seem to be the act of a coward.

On the other hand you are an individual who feels the need to berate and insult an entire nation without explanation or justification. You rant and rave as a cock to the hens; however you never even have the courage to sign your name to a post. You sir or madam I say are a coward to the most extreme. You are the person who insults your own nation by misquoting historical facts that even a simple person such as me can easily research and find your mistakes.

I was going to spend my time rebutting the fact that the US has never lost a major war ever! This is information directly form a historian and a Marine. I decided that the readers of my blog can do the research themselves and discover the truth if it is important to them. Suffice it to say your arguments are weak and lack and foundation. Your accusations of cowardice are over generalizing and merely a projection of your own lack of self worth.

As you say I am not welcome in Europe. In fact I have been very welcome in 99% of the places I have visited. In fact it is people like you who are narrow-minded and stuck in an old regime that cause strife and discord between nations. I suggest to you that you let go of whatever hatred you hold in your soul and learn to accept that we are all the same and all belong to a global community now. The lines between nations are become blurred as well they should. It will not be too distant in the future when people with your mindset are obsolete and place in a nursing home to live out the remainder of your miserable existence. I pity you and if ever you would like to meet I would relish the opportunity to share with you the wonderful thing we can do together rather than fighting apart.

Anonymous said...
you sounds arrogant while travelling in germany. i believe you don't aware about the US over the wars in the past. Do you know that your government never told you how many the US lost the wars. The US lost more wars against countries in Vietnam, Spanish-Cuba war, South America and Central America etc. if you don't want to know more about history. You believe in the US is a strong, powerful country. not in case at all. The US didn't signed on with United Nations which the US is charged with war crimes for killing peasant people in Central America, the government still killing people in Iraq. Still gone away with it. America is the land of cowards!!
August 18, 2008 1:33 PM

Anonymous said...
you sounds arrogant toward to the German cop on the train.
You are a proud american twat. i don't think your government never told you the fact about American history of the war. the US lost the wars than other countries lost the wars. Lost against Vietnam, The Korea war, Spanish-Cuban war, South America and Central America. still on war with Iraq for nothing but oil! The US never signed with United Nation. If the US signed, The US would be charged for war crimes for killing civilians. The US is gone away with murder.
we see the US is the land of the cowards!! have safe journey home back to the US. you´re not wanted here in Europe.

1 comment:

Guido said...

Wow, that guy is overreacting quite a bit. I really hope that you also met some friendly Germans on your journey.
But I have to admit that you sound a bit arrogant, expecting everybody to speak English. On the other hand, try to find a German tourist in Turkey or Spain that doesn't expect people to speak German. Hoping to find someone that speaks your own language is ok, but expecting that is a bit arrogant. Well, at least you are not afraid to travel to strange countries.

Accusing a whole nation of cowardice is a stupid thing to do. But please realize that the USA is the only nation that pokes fun at the French for losing a war. And then you get all upset when someone does the same to you. I think that both accusations are short sighted and wrong.

Most major wars of the USA were fought against the USA. No wonder that you won all these wars. :-) And asking a Marine about this is not going to help you find the truth. Most people in the world see your current engagement in the Middle East as equal or even worse than Russias adventures in Georgia.
Please expect a bit of patriotistic propaganda in your country. Most nations are proud of their history and bravery and distort their view a bit in that direction.
America never fought a war against a country bigger than itself. How brave is that? (Yeah, I realize that would be difficult to find an equal opponent for the USA...)

I have no idea what that strange cop was all about. There are very few situations where they ask you for your ID. Did you travel through Switzerland? Then customs would have to check your passport. Anyway, I doubt that this was a cop and not a conductor.
Your reaction was a bit dangerous, as some Nazi symbols and that famous gesture are forbidden in Germany.

Well, good luck on your journeys. I hope that you meet lots of nice(!) people on the way.