Friday, January 15, 2010

Forgotten Pleasures

Cuccumber and cheese sandwiches are awesome. Matt first introduced me
to them in Yorkshire about 7 years ago. I had since fogotten how good
they are until just now when the airline served me one. Yay for
Aeroflot airlines.

Speaking of forgotten pleasures and airlines, I am perplexed. I
remember the days of flying when flight attendants were friendly and
personable in America. I remember when you were regularly served small
snacks and meals. I remember when you were "not just flying, you're
flying the friendly skys". Now sadly that has all gone to the wayside.
What confuses me is why.

As I travel the world I have the chance to experience many different
airline companies. I have previously posted on the excellence of TACA
airlines in south America. Well now it is time for Aeroflot to get a
super big thumbs up from me. The people working here are awesome
friendly and helpful. We got a snack (the aforementioned cuccumber and
cheese sandwich) on a 90 min flight. The prices are reasonable if not
cheap. The flights are on time and comfortable.

I do not claim to fully understand the economics of aviation but I can
plainly see Aeroflot and TACA are doing something right. Maybe if we
ask nicely they will give the Airlines in America some advice. If
nothing else, friendly people would be nice to have on everyflight.

-Dana

No comments: