Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Relaxing Day Out

I made plans with Olya and Polina yesterday to meet at Subway. Really
I wanted a subway club and they had free Wifi. I decided I was going
to camp out there at 7AM and stay until they arrived. So as I'm sure
you may have guessed I got there around 10:30 not 7AM.

I already told you about the yummy coffee goodness I got there and it
is still a fond memory for me. First Polina joined me and later Onlya.
It was marvelous. We just say and talked for hours about all sorts of
things. I may have been awake for the first time here. I think I told
more stories and talked more in a few hours than I have in an entire
month.

We kicked it there for a bit then went walking to find headphones for
me. We were successful in finding them but the shop did not accept
American express and I did not want to waste cash on those. I think
today I will bring another card with me to pay for them. We eneded up
in a Kenyan coffee house near Olya's work.

Sadly it was another bout of crap froo froo coffee. But the company
was awesome. Valya joined us here as well after class. We just got to
sit and talk and enjoy ourselves. It was an absolutly marvelous day.

Poor Polina was so worried about monopolizing my time. I had to
reassure her that meeting friends like her is my reason for being
here. Because I am staying with Valya's friend and I see her most
often, people assume she know where I am all the time. She has become
my "manager" here. When Polina or Olya want to hang out they call her
first and ask if I can come play. It is amusing and actually helpful
too :-)

We ended the evening at my favorite local sushi place. Sasha, a friend
of Valya and Polina joined us for a bit. His English was quiet good
and we had a few laughs. For some reason I was exhausted and had to
forego the evening of drinking and clubing with Olya.

I pretty much wasted my entire day again today just chilling in the
flat. With -20 degrees outside, I am perfectly happy with this. I
strongly believe that I should not need a vacation, after my vacation.
So chilling and kicking it is grand by me.

Lates

-Dana

2 comments:

richardWW said...

Hi Dana,
Caught up on your blog since Jan4th
I agree that running in minus 20degrees is probably not a wise thing to do. Alex's diarrhea story was a little too graphic. I hope he got better.
It sounds like you have made some interesting friens and they like to party.
Nice of you to help Valya with her class.
Looking forward to talk to you when you return.
We are expecting a major snowstorm this weekend.
National healthcare got a major setback yesterday when Mass. elected a Republican to fill Ted Kennedy's senate seat, thereby losing their 60 vote filibuster proof majority. Maybe in 10-15 years they will realize they will have done too little too late, and another president will pick up the baton and run with it.
DAD

NeFanatka said...

//and was really happy when u explain me)