Thursday, January 21, 2010

To Arive is Divine, To Depart is Descent

As I travel, there are many goodbyes followed by many hellos. I know
each ending is merely the begining of another journey. Departure may
be the worst part of any trip.

I am reminded of my childhood when I would visit my father. My parents
were divorced when I was three and I would spend part of my summer
with my father. I knew as I left my mother standing in the airport
lobby that I would see her again and conversly the same held true of
my father at the completion of my visit. That feeling of lonliness and
abandonment never seemed to wain. I became better at conceiling it and
keeping it inside but always it prevailed, like a deep current flowing
though my sea of emotions.

As I leave the different locations I travel to, that feeling is not
omnipresent. To feel this I must have a connection with someone. As I
connect and truly feel a bond with another person, the old feelings
will resurface inside me. Today is just such an occasion. I had such a
wonderful time with my friends here. I feel that my friendships now
have grown deeper, beyond the superficial acquantance, and have now
become a part of who I am.

In time I will be able to accept my feelings, but always, the void
will be inside me with the absence of their presence.

For now I will focus on my next adventure for three days in Moscow. To
my friends, as you read this please know that you are deeply missed
and will forever be in my thoughts.

As I write this I am fast approaching 30,000 feet in a big chunk of
metal with a couple of flaming spinning monstrosities attached,
pushing me fast than any human should be allowed to travel. Well
faithful readers, I will post again soon, to let you know what
mischief I have gotten myself into next.

-Dana

No comments: