Monday, January 18, 2010

Want Coffee? Have a Russian Order It!

I have been trying to get a decent cup of coffee for three years here
in Russia. I have even gone to starbucks and McDonalds in my quest.
The word is even sounds similar but I have never I repeat NEVER been
successfull.

I'm a man of simple taste and pleasures. I like my coffee plain and
black without a lot of fancy decoration crap added to it. Well turns
out everyone must think I'm clueless and they refuse to sell me that.
I always end up with some froo froo puffy cup of shit. This morning I
ended up with a coke :-(.

The only time I have had a cup of coffee was yesterday when I went to
mcdonalds before the sledding. Olya order one and I watched the lady
make it. I recognized simplicity when I saw it. Then when I ordered I
just pointed to Olya's cup and to me. I had to do this several times
because she kept asking me something and I did not understand her. I
was just about to give up and resign myself to getting another puff
piece when Olya stepped in and said two words, pointed to the cup and
to me and then like magic I got my coffee.

Yes it was Mcdonalds coffee but when you crave simple coffee for so
long, even McDonalds is fantastic.

As I type this, I am sitting here with some stupid puff piece of a
coffee despite using the picture menu at McDonalds.

CRAP!

-Dana

No comments: